(foto de Maria Sbarbova da sequência The Marriage)
A imagem pública e a vida privada nem sempre coincidem.
Em cartas descobertas em 1987 trocadas entre Einstein e a sua esposa Mileva, encontram-se as seguintes exigências maritais (ver abaixo). Um caso do início do sec. 19 ou uma história possível no sec. XXI?
A. You will make sure:
1. that my clothes and laundry are kept in good order;
2. that I will receive my three meals regularly in my room;
3. that my bedroom and study are kept neat, and especially that my desk is left for my use only.
B. You will renounce all personal relations with me insofar as they are not completely necessary for social reasons. Specifically, You will forego:
1. my sitting at home with you;
2. my going out or travelling with you.
C. You will obey the following points in your relations with me:
1. you will not expect any intimacy from me, nor will you reproach me in any way;
2. you will stop talking to me if I request it;
3. you will leave my bedroom or study immediately without protest if I request it.
D. You will undertake not to belittle me in front of our children, either through words or behavior.
Artigo na íntegra em albert einstein impõe regras maritais